Don't worry about the name. AfroVeda stands for simplicity, purity & clarity. Simply put, we make ayurvedic hair care products for highly-textured hair.
We're blunt. We believe in baring everything, and for us that means complete honesty, transparency and creating the kind of company that we would prefer to buy from. We keep our ingredients pure and simple and our business practices sustainable.
Ok, it's almost that simple...
Here are some of our key principles:
- We believe that haircare shouldn’t be complicated, and that less is always more. We keep our ingredients lists short and sweet, with only beneficial ingredients and no “fillers”.
- Our products are multi-taskers, and often just one or two products are enough for every haircare need.
- Haircare routines using AfroVeda products are simple, enjoyable and effective.
- We use only carefully selected natural, raw and organic ingredients. Most of them are organic, and many are fair-traded. As our resources improve, so will the sustainability of our products.
- Every ingredient is chosen for its reputable and tested benefits to hair.
- AfroVeda products smell fantastic, thanks to quality essential oils. We use essential oils that are beneficial both in their properties for hair and scalp, and for their fresh scent.
- First, tons of obsessive research and testing goes into every product sold. We choose ingredients for their benefits to hair and scalp before all else.
- Products are handmade in small batches. We are diligent in maintaining a high standard of production. Each product comes with extra love, at no cost!
- We do not use high heat while creating our products, which would compromise the quality of the ingredients.
- We do not test on animals, and neither do our suppliers.
- We strive to be as ecologically friendly as possible, which includes using recyclable (and reusable!) packaging. When possible, we source our ingredients locally.
- AfroVeda maintains transparency about what goes into our products. The ingredients lists are clear, and we are always willing to answer questions from our customers.
- We do not rely on misleading marketing to promote our products.
- Because we use safe ingredients derived from nature, our products are biodegradable.